The Mountain Top Inn & Resort understands how special it is to share a vacation with our canine family members. We invite you to bring your pet and stay with us in one of our five mountain cabins or select vacation rentals. Our canine guests will receive a dog bed, bowls for food and water and a delicious, '100% healthy' welcome treat, made in Clarendon, VT by Vermont Gourmet Dog Treats.
Pet lovers ourselves, we realize that especially in unfamiliar settings, dogs will be dogs, despite a history of exemplary behavior, so we have prepared some thoughtful guidelines for our visiting pet owners to follow:
- When outside of their cabin or vacation rental, pets must be on a leash.
- Owners are expected to clean up after their pet.
- Pets are permitted on designated cross-country ski trails (15km) and hiking trails.
- A pet fee of $30 per pet, per night will be posted to your room bill.
- When left alone in the cabin or home, we request that your pet be crated for the safety of both your pet and our housekeeping staff. We reserve the right to refuse housekeeping service when a pet is left loose.
- Out of respect for non-pet-oriented guests, pets are not allowed in any of the guest rooms of the Main Lodge or the Dining Room, Highlands Tavern, Lobby Areas, Den and Porches.
Pet sitters are available with 3 days advance notice. Sitters will care for, feed, exercise and entertain your pet while you are enjoying the resort and the surrounding area. Dog boarding is available in the immediate area. Please ask our Reservations Staff for details.
We are sensitive to the fact that when pets are left alone in unfamiliar surrounds for an extended period of time, they may bark or become bored, discontented and even destructive. Please be sure to leave your cell phone number with us if you are leaving your dog alone in the cabin or vacation rental so we can contact you if necessary. Although it is an uncommon occurrence, if your pet seriously damages any of the Resort's property, you will be assessed full replacement value on your final bill. Chronic disturbance issues will result in our requiring you to take your pet(s) to a local kennel.
We want to ensure your pet feels as welcome as you do at The Mountain Top Inn & Resort!